GliderScore has all the features needed from pilot entry to final results.
It is largely intuitive but of course there is a learning curve to go through.
To help you there is this website and the help that is built into the program.
- You will need a PC and the GliderScore program.
- You can download the program here.
- To start learning, click on the QuickStart tab above.
- creates an excellent draw
- produces draw reports, scoring sheets and score cards
- allows easy entry of flight data and instantly calculate scores
- produces up to date competition results at any time
- allows emailing of draw reports and final results to all competition pilots
- integrates audio, timing and digital clock display to run the competition
- has a built in eScoring system to submit scores using smartphones.
RECENT UPDATES (Click here to download the latest files.)
The latest downloads include all bug fixes.
- There is a new option for building a display board. (2021-07-09)
- Robert Budniak has developed the new board and is sharing all the information here.
- GliderScore 6.64 Build 2021-06-01
- Feature - Timer clock colours can now be changed.
- Feature - Timer (reduced size) window can be made full screen.
- F5K Rule Refinement for Task C. See details here.
- Bug fix - Big Timer working again.
- Bug fix - various minor bug fixes.
- GliderScore 6.64 Build 2021-05-15
- Bug fix - Date conversion (for some countries) stopped audio functions.
- Bug fix - Audio files missing after full install.
- GliderScore 6.64 Build 2021-04-06 Update 1 (2021-05-13)
- Bug fix - Timer files 'Browse' for file not working.
- Bug fix - Digital Timer not working (crashes) on some laptop PCs.
- Bug fix - When scoring speed task, scoring screen not sorting correctly on sequence number column.
- Feature - Export Comp - can now choose download location and file name.
- Feature - Import Comp - can now browse to location and name of file to import.
- GliderScoreDigitalTimer 1.11 Build 2021-04-22
- Fixed a bug that prevented program running on a PC with no COM ports.
- GliderScore 6.64 Build 2021-04-06 and GliderScoreDigitalTimer 1.11 Build 2021-04-06
- GliderScore - DigitalTimer and Audio Player
New process for merging playlists from two (or more) competitions.
- The merged playlist will run (say) seniors/juniors or F3K/F5K with no need to do anything at the changeover.
- There is greatly increased flexibility provided with this change.
For Digital Timer click here. For Audio Player click here.
- If a playlist exists for a competition it will be automatically loaded in the DigitalTimer/AudioPlayer screen.
- If there are no changes required simply click on Open Timer/Start Player to proceed.
- eScoring - modified server database to allow for Chinese words to be correctly displayed.
- Scoring screen - improved process for moving to a different round, group or reflight.
- A number of minor bugs have been fixed.
- GliderScore 6.63U1 Build 2020-12-03 and GliderScoreDigitalTimer 1.10 Build 2020-11-30
- GliderScore - Fixes a minor bug in the preliminary checks before the Draw Rounds program starts.
- GliderScore 6.63 and GliderScoreDigitalTimer 1.10 Build 2020-11-30
- GliderScore - Major upgrade to include class F5K for both PC and eScoring. More information here.
- GliderScore - Flight Scores report options: group by flight groups or pilot names; run for all pilots or selected pilots.
- DigitalTimer - Upgraded to support two COM ports simutaneously. More information here.
- DigitalTimer - Upgrade to support new Pandora functions. More information here.
- Database Backups - Minimum of 10 retained. Backups deleted if more than 10 and over 3 months old.
- eScoring - If closing competition and last action was a download, message given suggesting upload before closing.
- GliderScore 6.62 Build 2020-02-17 with Bug Fixes
- Update 1 2020-02-21 - Fixes issue where files for Big Timer were not created.
- GliderScore 6.62 and GliderScoreDigitalTimer 1.09 Build 2020-02-17
- GliderScore 6.62
- Merge playlists from any two competitions (with the same competition date) into a single playlist.
Example: fly seniors round 1 groups followed by juniors round 1 groups, then seniors round 2 ....
More info at Display/Timer/Audio->Digital Timer->Create Playlist->Merge Playlists, or
Display/Timer/Audio->Audio Player->Merge Playlists.
- Updated Pilot Listing reports. Group by country, team, frequency or pilot class.
- Updated Score Records for F3K to allow more space for writing times to one decimal.
Also added an optional portrait format with two score records per page.
- GliderScoreDigitalTimer 1.09
- Various changes to handle the 'merge playlists' feature just added.
- Translation of German F3RES Rules (Uploaded 2019-11-18)
- A translation of the F3RES rules is available here.
- Embedded-Ability Clock Display Controller 2018-09-27
- Embedded-Ability has udpated software to take advantage of the 'Extended Protocol'.
This means that four character displays can regularly show round and group information.
For more information navigate to Display/Timer/Audio→Digital Timer→Open Timer.