Digital Timer - Introduction
GliderScore DigitalTimer is a companion to Gliderscore.
- Makes all audio announcements, including timer announcements
- Runs a very accurate timer and displays the time on screen
- Optionally outputs the time to a digital clock display panel (AerobTec LED panel shown)
- No need for pre-recorded 'timing' .mp3 files
Running the Digital Timer
- Create the Playlist using Gliderscore.
See 'Create Playlist' tab for details.
- Open the DigitalTimer program (from within Gliderscore).
- If using a display panel and it does not work with the Digital Timer program, contact me to resolve the issue.
When using the DigitalTimer
- Set your computer to stay awake. If it goes to 'sleep', so will the DigitalTimer.
- Disable any anti-virus program from running.
McAfee Anti-Virus has been shown to intermittently interrupt the DigitalTimer.
Other anti-virus programs may well do the same. Avast seems to be OK.
Watch this video to see the program being used at a competition in Holland, or
this earlier video made in a workshop including the use of a one minute landing window.
Videos courtesy of Arjan Harmans.
The DigitalTimer program can be used with or without a display panel.
Don't have a display panel? Click on the 'Display Panels' and 'Display Panel Build' tabs.
The first step is to create the Playlist.
Click on the 'Create Playlist' tab to learn more.