Electric Glider (non-FAI)
This page is about thermal soaring electric gliders.
These competitions are run to a large variety of rules these days and most
can be run with GliderScore. If you employ a height penalty then you should visit
the F5J page. Otherwise the main difference between thermal glider and electric
is usually a deduction for motor run and a special landing bonus table. GliderScore
both of these simply, making the running of these events a pleasure.
- Unlimited number of pilots. Up to 99 rounds can be drawn.
- Unlimited number of Landing Bonus tables.
- Creates an optimised draw that avoids frequency and/or team clashes.
- For team events, teams can be automatically allocated to lanes on a round by round
- Pilots can be 'retired' and a re-draw made with the remaining pilots for later rounds.
- Pilots can be moved between groups, and even rounds, for re-flights.
- Whole groups can be re-flown.
- New re-flight groups can be 'built' with selected pilots.
- Keeps track of each pilot's best score for each round (if pilot is re-flown).
- Deducts drop scores at predetermined number of rounds flown.
- Deducts penalties from the final score.
- Allows for one or two timekeepers. If two, times are averaged (but if one time entered,
averaging does not occur).
- Provides a comprehensive suite of reports. All reports can be previewed, printed
- Score cards can be printed from the Reports menu.
- Multiple competitions can be selected into a Competition Series and a series Championship
report automatically produced.
Expand Electric on the side menu to work through these features.
Example competition setup for Electric Glider
- Target time can be changed
- Decimal places for timing can be changed
- Different Landing bonus tables can be used
- 'Deduction from Flight Score' is set to 'Motor Run'
- Number of timekeepers can be one or two
Watch the Comp Setup Electric video.