Thermal Duration Glider (non-FAI)
You can configure your own thermal competition with GliderScore.
There is the flexibility to set whatever target time and landing bonus table
that you want to use, the timing accuracy, whether to normalise scores or
use raw scores, the number of timekeepers and so on. You can even vary the
target time from round to round. See the FAQ page for an explanation on how to
do this. The ease of setting up and running a competition is all there.
- Unlimited number of pilots. Up to 99 rounds can be drawn.
- Unlimited number of Landing Bonus tables.
- Creates an optimised draw that avoids frequency and/or team clashes.
- For team events, teams can be automatically allocated to lanes on a round by round
- Pilots can be 'retired' and a re-draw made with the remaining pilots for later rounds.
- Pilots can be moved between groups, and even rounds, for re-flights.
- Whole groups can be re-flown.
- New re-flight groups can be 'built' with selected pilots.
- Keeps track of each pilot's best score for each round (if pilot is re-flown).
- Deducts drop scores at predetermined number of rounds flown.
- Deducts penalties from the final score.
- Allows for one or two timekeepers. If two, times are averaged (but if one time entered,
averaging does not occur).
- Provides a comprehensive suite of reports. All reports can be previewed, printed
- Score cards can be printed from the Reports menu.
- Multiple competitions can be selected into a Competition Series and a series Championship
report automatically produced.
Expand Thermal on the side menu to work through these features.
Example competition setup for Thermal Duration
- Target time can be changed
- Decimal places for timing can be changed
- Different Landing bonus tables can be used
- 'Deduction from Flight Score' is normally set to 'None'
- Number of timekeepers can be one or two
Watch the Comp Setup Thermal video.