Pilot Setup for Multi-Class Competitions
GliderScore supports competitions where a single pilot can enter to fly in a number of different classes
and all classes fly the same task each round.
To keep the pilot/class combinations separate for scoring and report purposes you need to set them up in a special way.
- Create a 'Pilot' entry for each pilot/class combination.
- Include the class designation in the Last Name field like this
GliderScore recognises the '+' symbol in the last name field and will process it accordingly.
- In Pilot Entry (with UseClasses? selected)
The Class field is automatically filled with the first four characters that follow the '+' symbol.
- All screens and reports that display the pilot class will show the name as just the name.
- In creating audio, a pilot class that is all capitals will be treated as separate letters.
For example, +ALES would sound out each letter A...L...E...S, and not sound like beer (Ales).
In other cases, like Anderson+Woody, these would be treated as separate words, Anderson, Woody.